ABS-CBN, TV5 in 'Closing Stages' of Joint Venture, Pangilinan Says

It will be 35-65, in favor of TV5, says MVP.
Photo/s: Composite Photo by Agence France-Presse, Shutterstock

Tycoon Manuel Pangilinan said his TV5 and ABS-CBN Corp. are in the "closing stages" of a joint venture that would build on the two media firm's content partnership agreement.

The Lopez-owned network, which has been off the air since 2020, will be "investing" in TV5 under the joint venture, where ABS-CBN will have a 35% stake, while TV5 will hold the remaining 65%, Pangilinan told reporters.

"The model we are working on is it will be a joint venture between TV5, using the platform of TV5 as the free-to-air broadcast platform of both TV5 and PLDT Group and the ABS-CBN group," ABS-CBN News quoted Pangilinan as saying.

TV5 is under MediaQuest, which control's the media and entertainment assets of Pangilinan-led Metro Pacific Investments Corp.

Pangilinan said he could secure board approval for the ABS-CBN-TV5 joint venture "sometime August".

Select programs of ABS-CBN had been airing for months on TV5 aside from its online properties, including the soon-to-end "Ang Probinsyano" and "It's Showtime".

Continue reading below ↓


Duterte Admits Targeting ABS-CBN with 'Presidential Powers'

Explained: Why Free TV Became Kapamilya vs Kapuso

Why Mel Tiangco Lost Appeal vs. ABS-CBN Before Supreme Court

Continue reading below ↓
Recommended Videos
Latest Headlines
Recent News