President Bongbong Marcos is "on his way to complete recovery" as he finishes his home isolation after contracting COVID-19, his lead physician said on Monday.
The 64-year-old leader currently has no fever and body malaise, and his cough had disappeared according to Dr. Samuel Zacate. The President however still has very mild nasal stuffiness and nasal itchiness, his doctor said.
The President's vital signs were also all within normal limits and exemplary, and there is no noticeable inflammation on his throat nor any sign of respiratory compromise, he added.
"The DOH protocol was explained to him by me, and in my clinical opinion, he is on his way to a complete recovery," Zacate said.
Marcos tested positive for COVID-19 in an antigen test last Friday confirmed by an RT-PCR test. He continues to give out directives to his Cabinet officials during his home isolation, Malacañang previously said.
This is the second time that Marcos tested positive for COVID-19 after his bout with the disease back in March 2020.
In his inaugural address last June 30, Marcos said he would fix the government's shortcomings in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, assuring the public that there would be "no more secrets" when it comes to public health issues.