The Department of Foreign Affairs said it would resume processing passport applications in consular and satellite offices in areas that were downgraded to MECQ during the last 10 days of August.
All consular offices in the National Capital Region and all Temporary Off-Site Passport Services or TOPS will resume operations.
Appointments were previously limited due to the two-week lockdown in high-risk areas nationwide.
Here's what you need to do if you have a passport appointment scheduled for the month of August.
For applicants with appointments between Aug. 6 to 20, 2021:
- Applicants must follow the new appointment schedule / location which they have received via e-mail.
- TOPS applicants who did not show-up at their rescheduled appointment are advised discouraged from showing up at their original TOPS locations, nor at any DFA CO, as they will not be entertained.
- Concerned applicants are requested to send an email to the following addresses to request for a new appointment schedule:
For applicants with appointments between Aug. 23 to 31, 2021:
- Applicants must follow their appointment schedule, unless they receive a specific advice not to do so (i.e. unforeseen closure of a specific CO/TOPS due to disinfection, mandatory quarantine, etc.).
- No walk-ins
- For Applicants with emergency and urgent medical travel needs
Continue reading below ↓Recommended Videos
- send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- must contain copies of their identification documents (current passport or if new applicant, a government-issued ID)
- proof of their emergency travel
- Possession of a flight ticket in itself is not considered urgent
Operations are subject to change depending on the guidelines set by the Inter-Agency Task Force, the advisory said. Applicants are advised to check the DFA website frequently for updates regarding passport appointments.
All DFA offices are limiting number of applicants physically present to make room for social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the public and staff. All applicants making physical appearances are required ot wear face masks and face shields at all times. Bringing your own pen is strongly advised.