Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said Monday he tested positive for COVID-19.
Andanar, who heads the Presidential Communications Operations Office, said he is asymptomatic and is in isolation.
"I would like to confirm that I have, unfortunately, tested positive for COVID-19. Though I am asymptomatic, I was immediately isolated and placed on home quarantine," he said in a statement.
"Contact tracing of those I have interacted with has also been done in accordance to the rules set by our authorities, and to ensure the safety of my staff, of my family, and of the public," he said.
He assured the public that he is "okay" and would continue to discharge his functions as communications secretary.
"Rest assured, I am okay and I will still continue to work hard and to perform my duties well, including hosting regular shows to inform the public, as I recuperate from the virus," he said.
Andanar is the latest among Duterte’s Cabinet officials to test positive for the virus. Earlier this month, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque also announced that he tested positive for COVID-19.