Here's a Heads Up from Reportr.World on news that you need to know today, March 26:
- Slow WiFi? Here are some easy tweaks you can do on your own to fix it before you call customer service.
- For first time voters, Comelec is taking the guess work out of registration with their new online tool. The process should be much easier.
- Sec. Mark Villar is cracking down on corruption in the DPWH with satellite technology. Here's how he is doing it.
- Unused data allocation on your mobile plan should not go to waste if you're working from home using WiFi. Here's how you can convert gigs to points on Globe.
- How can politicians get away with early campaigning? Comelec explains the gaping hole in the country's election law that emboldens them.
- The Philippines' largest bank, BDO, has launched it's own mobile wallet. Here's what you can do with BDO Pay App.
Continue reading below ↓
- The country's active COVID cases neared the 100,000-mark yesterday after 8,773 new cases were tallied. It's another all-time high for a single day.
- Pope Francis has appointed a the new head of the Archdiocese of Manila, Cardinal Jose Advincula of Capiz.
- Christine Dacera's friends countersued her mother for linking them to ther death. The filed a complaint for perjury, slander, libel, and cyber libel among others.
- UP Alumni who were red-tagged on the military's Facebook page rejected the reinstatement of two generals whose troops were behind the post.
- Mayor Isko Moreno authorized barangay officials to lock down parts of their jurisdiction with 10 or more active cases of COVID-19.
- Status report: Here's how the Common Station for the MRT, LRT and Mega Manila Subway is shaping up (via Spot.ph).
- The Bench group is betting on the cloud kitchen model that caters to deliveries. First up: Tonkatsu Maisen (via Esquire Philippines)
- The family of ABS-CBN veteran Doris Bigornia is seeking help financing her second heart operation. She suffered a heart attack in February.
- Sesame Street is educating children on race. In a new video, Elmo's new friends explain how melanin determines a person's skin color.
- The tough job goes to a woman. President Joe Biden tapped Vice President Kamala Harris to oversee America's border with Mexico, where criticis found an opening to criticize his stand on immigration.
- Here are the potential repercussions of the grounding of a giant vessel in the Suez Canal in Egypt, which handles a tenth of world maritime trade.
Continue reading below ↓