Senior citizens in Manila have started to receive the COVID-19 vaccines, with more in line to get their first dose, photos from the city government showed.
About 4,079 senior citizens and senior dialysis patients in the City have been inoculated with AstraZeneca vaccines since Sunday.
The vaccine rollout will continue for senior citizens in the upcoming days despite the implementation of enhanced community quarantine until Apr. 4. The A3 sector, which covers persons with comorbidities, will be vaccinated starting Wednesday.
"When we have vaccines on hand, we have to vaccinate right away," Manila Mayor Isko Moreno said.
For Tuesday (March 30), healthcare workers are currently administering the shots in the following locations:
- District 1
- Barangay 69 (MORSACC BASKETBALL COURT)
- Barangay 85 (MAHARLIKA COVERED COURT)
- District 2
Continue reading below ↓
- Barangay 201 (CALDERON HIGH SCHOOL)
- Barangay 254 (M. HIZON HIGH SCHOOL)
- District 3
- Barangay 284 (MARCELLA AGONCILLO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL)
- Barangay 333 (BARANGAY 333 COVERED COURT)
- District 4
- Barangay 435 (PLAZA NAZARETH BARANGAY COURT)
- Barangay 463 (BARANGAY BOMBER BARANGAY COURT)
- District 5
- Barangay 671 (JUSTO LUKBAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL)
- Barangay 780 (VILLAMOR HIGH SCHOOL EXTENSION BUILDING)
- District 6
- Barangay 841 (BAGONG BARANGAY ATHLETIC CLUB)
- Barangay 873 (STA. ANA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL)
Manila residents are encouraged to pre-register online for the free vaccines. "'Yung may mga lolo at lola, tulungan ninyo silang mag-register online," Moreno said.
Seniors present for vaccination must wear a face mask and face shield at all times.