(UPDATE) The spokesperson of presidential candidate Bongbong Marcos on Tuesday said Facebook has suspended his account, calling it "censorship of the highest degree."
Vic Rodriguez, who also serves as Marcos' chief of staff, showed a screenshot of Facebook's notice that his account has been suspended because it "doesn't follow our Community Standards."
"Facebook/Meta suspended my account because I am for Bongbong Marcos," Rodriguez said.
"This is censorship of the highest degree and interference on a sovereign act," he added.
With the suspension, Rodriguez will not be able to use the account and it will not be visible to people on Facebook.
Rodriguez was also asked by Facebook to upload a copy of his ID to help them check if the account belongs to him.
Rodriguez's account had been restored later on Tuesday, multiple news reports said, after it was "mistakenly restricted for reasons unrelated to any posted content," citing a spokesperson for Meta, Facebook's parent company.
Rodriguez thanked those who stood behind his cause against the suspension of his account.
"Indeed, we shall allow no usurper to trample upon this basic Filipino right, inked by the very blood of our forefathers and scribed in the national soul," he said.