Globe Telecom said Saturday it expanded the availability of its 5G signal in Metro Manila, allowing more people to use the new ultra-fast standard that cuts download times of movies to mere minutes and makes for clearer video calls.
Globe subcribers need the following to use 5G, according to Globe: a Globe or TM LTE SIM and a 5G device. It's available to both postpaid and prepaid customers, said the Ayala-owned telco.
FROM SPOT.PH: What Does 5G Really Mean Anyway?
Globe said it added the following 5G sites:
- Quezon City: Commonwealth Ave., Tandang Sora Road, Mindanao Ave, Luzon Ave.
- Manila: Abad Santos Ave., Rizal Ave., Honorio Lopez Blvd.
- Marikina: Sumulong Highway, Bagong Silang
- Caloocan: Quirino Highway, C3 Road, Congressional Road Ext.
- Valenzuela: Pan Philippine Highway, Tamaraw Hill Road
- Mandaluyong: Shaw Boulevard; Boni Ave.
- Pasig: C. Raymundo Ave., Medical City Bus Stop
- Las Pinas: Alabang Zapote Road, Marcos Alvarez Ave.
- Makati: Pasong Tamo, JP Rizal, and strategic areas in Magallanes Village
- Taguig: Lawton Avenue, Philippine Army, McKinley Road, and Forbes Park
- Paranaque: East Service Road, Dona Soledad Ave., Dr. A. Santos Ave.
- Strategic areas along SLEX and NLEX
Globe 5G was prioneered in the following areas:
- Bonifacio Global City
- Makati CBD
- Rockwell Center
- Strategic areas along EDSA and C5