The Philippine passport is the 80th most powerful in the world, three notches lower than its previous ranking according to the 2022 Henley Passport Index which rates the travel ID based on the number of destinations its holders can enter visa-free.
Holders of the Philippine passport can enter 67 destinations without a visa based on a ranking of 199 passports and 227 destinations. The index is updated quarterly.
Japan emerged as the most powerful passport with holders having access to 193 destinations visa-free. Singapore and South Korea tied for second place with passport holders allowed access to 192 destinations visa-free.
Germany and Spain also shared the third spot with passport holders allowed access to 190 destinations visa free.
2. Singapore and South Korea
3. Germany and Spain
4. Finland, Italy, Luxembourg
5. Austria, Denmark, Netherlands, and Sweden
6. France, Ireland, Portugalm and United Kingdom
7. Belgium, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, United States
8. Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Greece, and Malta
10. Lithuania, Poland, and Slovakia
MORE ON TRAVEL: