The Philippines will ban the entry of travelers from 20 nations that have confirmed infections of a new variant of the virus that causes the infectious COVID-19, the Manila International Airport Authority said Tuesday.
Starting 12:01 a.m. on Dec 30, 2020 until Jan. 15, 2021, travelers from the following areas can't enter the Philippines, according to the Inter-Agency Task Force on COVID-19:
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Travelers from other countries that will report the presence of the new virus variant will subsequently be banned, authorities said.
For those who are already in transit or who had been in any of the flagged countries within 14 days from entry into the Philippines before Dec. 30, the government said they would be allowed entry but would be subject to strict quarantine in an accredited facility despite a negative COVID-19 test result.