Travel goals that got cancelled due to the COVID-pandemic can resume starting Oct. 21, Malacanang said Friday as the government further eased restrictions for overseas trips.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said non-essential outbound travel is allowed as long as Filipinos adhere to the following requirements:
- Submission of confirmed roundtrip tickets
- Adequate travel and health insurance for those traveling in tourist visas
- Execution of an immigration declaration acknowledging the risks involved in traveling
- A negative Antigen result taken within 24 hours before departure, subject to the Department of Health guidelines
Traveling Filipinos should also follow the guidelines of the National Task Force for returning overseas Filipino workers such as mandatory COVID-19 testing and quarantine, Roque said.
Previously, the government only allowed work-related travels abroad for Filipinos as a precautionary measure against COVID-19.
The easing of restrictions comes as the Philippines worked to regain confidence in travel to jumpstart tourism following over seven months of lockdown.