Freelancer? Make Your Own ID for Travel Under MECQ and GCQ

Your I.D. must specify the type of work you do,
Photo/s: Jerome Ascano

So you work as a freelancer?  No problem.

Self-employed Filipinos are allowed to make their own IDs so they can travel for work-related reasons during community quarantine, the Palace said on May 14.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the IDs must indicate the type of work and industry involved, as moving to and from general community quarantine (GCQ) and modified (ECQ) areas requires having IDs.

This comes after the announcement that several areas under ECQ will shift to GCQ starting May 16.

"Unfortunately, dahil nga po ang pag-travel from GCQ to ECQ is only for industries na allowed, kinakailangan po talaga ng identification card," he said in a press briefing.

"Sa mga self-employed, pwede naman silang gumawa ng card nila at ipakita nila kung ano talaga ang gagawin nila at saang industriya iyon," he added.

According to Roque, workers will be permitted to move to and from modified ECQ areas and GCQ areas as long as it’s for job-related reasons. Their industries must also be allowed to operate during the quarantine.

Continue reading below ↓

"'Yung mga allowed po magtrabaho sa iba't-ibang quarantine areas, they will be allowed provided that they are working in an industry that is allowed to operate," Roque said in a Palace press briefing.

Metro Manila, Laguna, and Cebu City have a high risk of having a COVID-19 outbreak, and will be placed under modified ECQ from May 16 to 31.

The rest of the country will be under GCQ where most businesses and industries are allowed to resume operations. 

Here are the businesses that will open under modified ECQ and GCQ:

Continue reading below ↓
Recommended Videos

Continue reading below ↓

Continue reading below ↓

Latest Headlines
Recent News