Lost Your Job Recently? You Can Get Up to P20,000 in Cash Aid

SSS is shouldering the cash assistance.
Photo/s: Pixabay / florantevaldez

If you’re a contributing member of the Social Security System (SSS) and you recently lost your job, you will receive P20,000 cash benefit, based on your monthly salary credit, an official said on June 9.

According to SSS Public Affairs and Special Events Division head Fernando Nicolas member have to present a certification of involuntary separation from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and a savings account.

“Up to 20,000 o katumbas po ito ng one month salary credit. Halimbawa, ang isang miyembro ay naghuhulog ng para sa P20,000 monthly salary credit, makakakuha po siya ng ganung halaga,” he told GMA Network’s Unang Hirit.

“Ang kailangan lang nilang i-present ay ‘yung certification galing sa DOLE na sila ay involuntarily separated. Tapos i-present nila ‘yung savings account kung saan natin ide-deposit,” he added.

The 20,000-peso will be deposited within five days, according to Nicolas. Affected members will receive P10,000 for two months.


SSS members can still avail the unemployment aid even if they already claimed other forms of cash assistance from the government.

“Ito pong benepisyo na ito ay galing sa SSS,” he said.

Nicolas clarified that the involuntary separation of contributing members does not have to be brought about or related to the COVID-19 health crisis, and members can still claim the 20,000-peso aid.

If you’re a overseas Filipino worker (OFW), a certification of involuntary separation can be requested from the Philippine Overseas Employment Office (POLO), instead of DOLE.

Self-employed individuals cannot avail of the unemployment benefit. *

Recommended Videos
Latest Headlines
Recent News