Here's a Heads Up from Reportr.World on news that you need to know today, March 31:
- The best vaccine is the one that's in your arm. The head of the DOH communication's arm, Dr. Beverly Ho, answers the most practical, and frequently asked vaccine questions.
- Why two weeks? The DOH spokesperson, Dr. Rosario Vergeire, explains why 14 days is the minimum lockdown duration to arrest surging coronavirus infections and buy time for the health system to regroup.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Confused over "Season 2" of the ECQ? Cavite Gov. Jonvic Remulla clarifies practical queries about quarantine life 2021. He said the C in ECQ could stand for "confusion".
- Clarification from the DOH: You don't need a PhilHealth PIN to get vaccinated for COVID. However, you will need the PIN for a PhilHealth claim if you get an adverse reaction to the jab.
- It's searing hot and millions need to stay indoors. Here's what you need to know about heat stroke plus what to do in case someone is suffering from it.
Continue reading below ↓
COVID TOP STORIES
- On Day 2 of ECQ in the NCR Plus bubble, new cases stayed at the 9,000-level. The IATF is due to meet on Saturday to decide whether or not to extend the lockdown past April 4.
- President Rodrigo Duterte admitted to "having a hard time" dealing with the pandemic. He said hw would be the "last person" to bring Filipinos suffering.
- Ivermectin is for animals. Humans shouldn't use it to treat COVID-19, said the FDA.
- The draft report of a WHO-led mission to China concluded that the virus that causes COVID-19 originated fron animals.
- The city of Manila has begun vaccinating senior citizens using AstraZeneca jabs.
- The MMDA also suspended the truck ban throughout the ECQ period to allow unimpeded flow of essentials to the NCR Plus bubble.
- In yet another racist attack against Asians in the U.S., a 65-year-old Filipina-American in New York was assaulted while walking to church.
- Korean Pop supergroup BTS said they too experienced racism as they lent their voices to #StopAsianHate.
- Claire dela Fuente, the OPM icon, has passed away at 63, accoding to her son. She was earlier diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Broadcaster Ted Failon said he was diagnosed with COVID-19 and is asymptomatic.
- The SkyWay Stage 3 toll collection system just got tested, toll rates to follow.
- If you're planning to sneak in a government transaction at a Robinson's Mall, their Lingkod Pinoy centers in ECQ areas will be closed until April 4.
- For inclusivity, Swedish carmaker Volvo is offering employees around the world six months of paid parental leave.
Continue reading below ↓