Malacañang on Friday released the list of priority population groups for COVID-19 jabs, as adopted by the the Interim National Immunization Technical Advisory Group.
These groups are at the top of the list for the COVID-19 vaccine:
- A1: Frontline workers in health facilities both national and local, private and public, health professionals and non-professionals like students, nursing aides, janitors, barangay health workers, etc.
- A2: Senior citizens aged 60 years old and above
- A3: Persons with comorbidities not otherwise included in the preceding categories
- A4: Frontline personnel in essential sectors including uniformed personnel and those in working sectors identified by the IATF as essential during ECQ
- A5: Indigent population not otherwise included in the preceding categories
These groups will receive the vaccine after frontliners and vulnerable individuals:
- B1: Teachers, Social Workers
B2: Other Government Workers
B3: Other essential workers
B4: Socio-demographic groups at significantly higher risk other than senior citizens and indigenous people
B5: Overseas Filipino Workers
B6: Other Remaining Workforce
The rest of the Filipino population not otherwise included in the above groups is categorized under the C class.
Authorities said any specific inclusion and exclusion criteria of each vaccine, as reflected in the respective Emergency Use Authorization of the Food and Drug Administration, or recommendations from the Health Technology Assessment Council will be considered.
As for the selection of areas for for sub-prioritization, it will be based on the following criteria:
- COVID-19 burden of disease: this consists of the number of current active cases, attack rate per 100,000 population in the past 4 weeks, and population density
- vaccination site and/or local government unit readiness: this consists of staff, and particularly, its supply chain capability, as the vaccines require special storage
MORE ON COLD CHAIN SUPPLY:
The first tranche of the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine for healthcare workers, will be allocated as follows:
- COVID-19 dedicated hospitals
- COVID-19 referral hospitals
- Department of Health-owned hospitals
- LGU hospitals
- hospitals for uniformed services/personnel
- private hospitals