Here’s a Heads Up from reporter on news that you need to know today, June 4
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Leisure travel is back for people in the NCR Plus Bubble, as long as it’s point-to-point (no pit stops) and the destination is under MGCQ. Here are the guidelines for Boracay and Baguio.
- Here’s your guide to discounts and deals for vaccinated people under the Angat Pinoy initiative of the Philippines’ largest corporations.
- Here’s our exclusive interview with OFW Karen Vinalay, who got the DFA to evacuate both herself and her cat, Jon Snow White, from Myanmar. Pets are family.
- Those polarizing Crocs are back. We examine why they are cool again.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Here are President Rodrigo Duterte's "options" on who will succeed him in elections next year, according to his spokesperson.
- Jollibee closed for three days one of its branches in BGC after a mother’s complaint over a Chickenjoy order that turned out to be a deep-fried towel went viral.
- Dante is just the first of as many as four storms in June, when the country transitions to the wet season from summer, according to PAGASA.
- PNP Chief Gen. Guillermo Eleazar apologized for the second day in a row, this time for berating a policeman who gunned down a helpless 52-year-old woman. He earlier said sorry for the cop’s crime.
- The POGO industry of offshore gaming operations that evade a gambling ban in Mainland China, could soon be taxed after the Senate passed a new tax law.