President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. has been free from all symptoms of COVID-19 for two days now and may be released from home isolation by Friday, Malacañang said Wednesday.
The 64-year-old has finished all his medications and is ready to go back to face-to-face engagements, Press Secretary Trixie Cruz-Angeles said citing the latest health bulletin by Marcos' personal physician Samuel Zacate.
“Dr. Zacate gave the happy news that on the fifth and sixth day of his isolation, the President is now free from all symptoms of COVID-19,” Cruz-Angeles said, adding that Marcos still has to complete his seven-day isolation as mandated by DOH protocols.
Zacate reported that the President "has no cough, no fever, no nasal stuffiness, and no nasal itchiness and basically asymptomatic as of this time being.”
“The President’s vital signs are all within normal limit. He has no signs of respiratory distress and very comfortable,” Angeles said quoting Zacate’s latest health bulletin.
“If there is no reappearance of any sign and symptoms related to COVID-19, and provided further that he has no fever for the next 24 hours, Marcos can be released from isolation on Friday, July 15, the report added.
Marcos tested positive for COVID-19 in an antigen test last Friday confirmed by an RT-PCR test. He continues to give out directives to his Cabinet officials during his home isolation, Malacañang previously said.
This is the second time that Marcos tested positive for COVID-19 after his bout with the disease back in March 2020.
In his inaugural address last June 30, Marcos said he would fix the government's shortcomings in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, assuring the public that there would be "no more secrets" when it comes to public health issues.