Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Aug.12:
- It's called Pinoybaiting. Why do foreign vloggers love making content about the Philippines and why do Filipinos like watching them?
- Beauty clinic to the stars Belo Medical took down its #PandemicEffect ad and apologized for being “insensitive”.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Adulting 101: How to apply for a police clearance online. You’ll need one when applying for a job.
- Here’s how you can spot a fake or tampered COVID-19 test result. Forgery of quarantine documents is a crime.
- Here’s how you can pay your electricity bill via Meralco’s website and app.
- Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto’s Aksyon Demokratiko said it would support Manila Mayor Isko Moreno should he decide to run for president.
- It's wrong to judge Moreno by his past life as a sexy actor, said Cavite Gov. Jonvic Remulla.
- Some 6.3 million deactivated voters can apply for reactivaton online. No need to go to a Comelec office, the poll body said.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Regardless of vaccine status, close contacts of COVID-19 cases must complete a 14-day quarantine, Malacañang said
- The country received yesterday 100,000 doses of the Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine, a donation from the UAE.
- Taal Volcano belched steam yesterday after a two-week pause. It remains on Alert Level 2, the second lowest.
- Police are investigating the shooting death of an alleged curfew violator at the hands of a barangay tanod.
- Vice President Leni Robredo is now fully vaccinated against COVID-19 after receiving her second AstraZeneca dose yesterday.
- Manny Pacquiao has a new opponent for his match in the U.S. this month after Errol Spence pulled out due to an eye injury.
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigned after he was implicated in sexual harassment by 11 women.