Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on top news stories that you need to know today, Aug. 4:
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Here’s a guide to securing requirements for first time job applicants such as birth certificate, SSS number and TIN.
- Here are the requirements for Filipinos who want to travel to New Zealand.
- Arriving passengers at NAIA will be asked to roll up their sleeves and take off their jackets as a visual check for monkeypox.
- Authorities are investigating food prices for tourists in Bohol’s Virgin Island following complaints of overpricing.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Gen Z and young millennials are helping drive the Philippines’ economic growth with their spending, Finance Sec. Benjamin Diokno said.
- Nearly half of Filipino families consider themselves poor, according to a SWS survey in June.
- Residents in the Taal area were warned of the hazards of volcanic smog as it emitted more sulfur dioxide than usual.
- U.S. Speaker Nancy Pelosi lands in Taiwan, defying threats from China.
- The U.S. has sanctioned Russian President Vladimir Putin’s purported girlfriend and more of his oligarchs.
- NASA’s James Webb telescope keeps on releasing mesmerizing photos from space, this time of a colorful cartwheel galaxy.