Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on top news stories that you need to know today, July 18:
- A Grab rider who previously went viral for juggling deliveries and online classes has graduated magna cum laude.
- Binibining Pilipinas 2022 candidates wowed pageant fans as they dressed up as the Virgin Mary and a tikbalang, among others, for the national costume show.
- Dungeons and Dragons? Hellfire Club? Why is gaming sometimes associated with evil?
- As the country prepares for the first SONA of President Bongbong Marcos, Reportr is publishing the maiden SONAs of his predecessors. Here’s the first SONA of former President Ferdinand Marcos Sr.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Here’s a list of utility and service providers that allow you to settle your bills online.
- Getting a “not found” result when checking the status of your national ID online? Here’s what you can do.
- COVID-19 alert levels all throughout the country are on status quo as the IATF is set to review the classifications today.
- What is congenital anosmia which affects actress Andrea Brillantes’ sense of smell?
- Here’s what you need to know about Nothing’s much-hyped Phone 1.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- President Bongbong Marcos urged Filipinos to get a booster shot against COVID-19 as he himself recovered from the disease for the second time.
- A candidate for Miss Philippines Earth has been disqualified for failing to meet the height requirement.
- A mayor in a Quezon Province town required public servants to smile, or risk fines, as he sought to improve the service given by the local government.
- Meta, the company behind Facebook and Instagram, has released a report on efforts it has undertaken to protect human rights on its platforms.
- What’s next for Sri Lanka after it swore in its new acting president following the ongoing political and economic turmoil in the country?
- After capturing photos of previously invisible galaxies, the James Webb Space Telescope will soon begin its hunt for first stars and habitable worlds.