Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on top news stories that you need to know today, July 19:
- Does inflation keep you from saving your money? Here are some tips from a financial adviser.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez have finally tied the knot 18 years after their first romance.
- What is BeReal, Gen Z’s new favorite social media app?
- Here’s how Filipina athletes dominate the sports world previously dominated by men.
- Here’s the full text of former President Corazon Aquino’s first SONA delivered a year after President Bongbong Marcos’ father was ousted from power.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Good news, motorists. Oil companies will implement another price rollback starting today.
- Cebu Pacific has received another aircraft that uses sustainable aviation fuel to keep flights affordable for passengers.
- Grab said it would push back charging additional fees for GrabPay money transfers through InstaPay to Aug. 8.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Students in public schools will not be required to wear uniforms when classes resume this August, the Department of Education reiterated.
- Sen. Imee Marcos said there’s not much leeway for falsehood in the ‘Maid in Malacañang’ movie which narrates the final hours of her family in Malacañang in 1986.
- Sen. Robin Padilla has filed a bill that would mandate a Filipino translation of laws, court orders, and other documents issued by the government.
- Graduates of UP Cebu are allowed to wear their preferred attire based on their “lived identities”.
- This sushi restaurant in Ukraine has continuously been operating despite the continuous attacks of Russia in the country.
- Swedish fashion retailer H&M has decided to wind down operations in Russia as a consequence of its invasion of Ukraine.