Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on top news stories that you need to know today, July 20:
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- How can you budget P1,000, P500, P100, even P50 for food as inflation soars?
- Metro Manila stays under COVID-19 Alert Level 1 until July 31. Here's the latest alert level classifications for the rest of the month.
- Here’s why having a verified GCash account matters.
- Here’s what you need to know about BDO Pay, the Sy family’s challenge to GCash that’s now open to non-BDO account holders.
- Here’s what to expect from President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s first SONA, according to organizers at the house.
- Here’s what former President Fidel Ramos said in his first State of the Nation Address in 1992.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- PHLPost said it has delivered nearly all of the 14.8 million National IDs marked “for delivery” compared to the 68.3 million who registered for it.
- Award-winning actress Gina Pareno has come out as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, proving that going public about one’s sexuality should follow the timing of the person involved.
- A new COVID alert system could be rolled out as early as mid-August, authorities said.
- Dozens of protected sea turtles were stabbed to death in a southern Japanese island after they got caught in a fisherman's fishing nets.