Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on top news stories that you need to know today, July 5:
- Here’s how long you should stay in your job if you are considering resigning.
- July 4, known as the U.S. Independence Day, used to be a special non-working holiday in the Philippines. Here’s why it’s now a working holiday here.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Good news, motorists. Oil companies will implement a price rollback on fuel products today --- the first time in a month.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Malacañang said the Bulacan Airport will be constructed as planned despite President Bongbong Marcos’ veto of the measure seeking the creation of a special ecozone there.
- The Palace also assured that Marcos will observe the limitations of the law when it comes to gatherings in Malacañang, even those involving his family.
- Sen. Imee Marcos also denied criticisms that public funds may have been used in the celebration of former First Lady Imelda Marcos’ birthday.
- Women’s rights groups urge President Marcos to decriminalize abortion following the U.S. Supreme Court ruling voided American women's right to terminate pregnancies.
- Frequent volcanic earthquakes have been recorded in Kanlaon Volcano as it shows increased activity.
- Around one million traveled to Saudi Arabia for the biggest Hajj pilgrimage since the pandemic began.