Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on top news stories that you need to know today, June 24:
- Meet Stef Aranas, the trans woman songstress who is out with new music to empower her sisters to never settle in life and love.
- Filipinos prefer hybrid work – or a mix of remote and on site duties – as more companies call their workers back to the office, according to a poll of HR personnel.
- Here's what makes employees stay, keeping them from joining The Great Resignation.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Catholic Church has raised alarm over the plan of a retired priest of 35 years to transfer to the Iglesia ni Cristo.
- President-elect Bongbong Marcos has named ex-Philippine Airlines chief Jaime Bautista as his transport secretary.
- Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto said new buildings in the city would be named after the city’s prominent residents, not politicians.
- Free rides for commuters will end on June 30 in these Metro Manila routes for public transport.
- Voter registration resumes on July 4, ahead of the December barangay and Sagguniang Kabataan elections, Comelec said.
- These are the 10 most livable cities in the world according to The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- The DOH’s infectious diseases hospital has optimized its RT-PCR testing infrastructure to detect monkeypox, which will be used on a per need basis.
- Alanis Morrissette has canceled her Manila concerts for good after two years of pandemic delays. Here’s how to refund your ticket.