Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on top news stories that you need to know today, June 28:
- Scared of losing your job to robots and artificial intelligence? Here’s how to make it future-proof.
- Who is Liza Marcos, the wife of President-elect Bongbong Marcos and the country’s next First Lady?
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Incoming BSP chief Felipe Medalla advised Filipinos to keep the new P1,000 polymer banknote in a bigger purse as frequent folding may cause it to break.
- Here’s a list of the features of the GCash app which you can use to keep track of your money.
- Heads up, motorists. Pump prices increase for the fourth straight week today, with the cost of diesel rising by P1.65 per liter and gasoline by P0.50 per liter.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Filipinos are the most stressed out employees in Southeast Asia in 2021, a global analytics firm reported.
- Former Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile has tested positive of COVID-19, but assured his critics that he was not going to die just yet.
- U.S. Second Gentleman Douglas Emhoff will lead President Joe Biden’s delegation to President-elect Bongbong Marcos’ inauguration on June 30.
- In what may be his shortest speech ever, outgoing President Rodrigo Duterte thanked those who supported his presidency as his term ends.
- Outgoing VP Leni Robredo passed the baton to Sen. Risa Hontiveros, whom she said is now the leader of the opposition.
- Incoming Sen. Raffy Tulfo has begun his preparations for his new role as legislator.
- Tulfo said he was not in favor of providing government aid to middle class Filipinos, saying the focus should be on the poor.