Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on top news stories that you need to know today, May 25:
- Who is Arsenio Balisacan, who will be one of the core members of presumptive president Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s economic team.
- Here’s how incoming secretary of the newly-formed department of OFW affairs Susan Ople plans to uplift Filipino migrant workers.
- Vice President Leni Robredo has moved to make the official canvassing of votes faster by imposing no objections to the inclusion of all certificates of canvass and waiving her representatives’ appearance in the proceedings.
- The elections are over, but the wounds are fresh. Can relationships strained by politics still be saved?
- Why is Harry Styles so popular? Since One Direction went on break, he has expanded his audience and received critical recognition.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The risk of monkeypox spreading wide around the world is very small, health authorities in the U.S. and Europe said.
- Marcos has signaled his determination for nuclear energy, discussing the possible revival of the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant with South Korea.
- CCTV cameras should be a requirement for the issuance of business permits, DILG Sec. Eduardo Ano said.
- Starbucks is exiting Russia completely due to Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine.
- Airbnb has shut down its business in China as lockdowns persist two years into the pandemic, Agence France-Presse reported, quoting a source.
- For kids under 5 years old, Pfizer and BioNTech said their COVID vaccine is effective with three doses.
- Kate Moss is expected to testify in ex Johnny Depp's defamation trial, adding another celebrity to the actor’s legal troubles with ex-wife Amber Heard.