Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, June 21:
- Why is China so aggressive towards other nations? That's what the west thinks, according to Beijing's most outspoken diplomat
- The Philippines has signed the supply agreement for 40 million doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, its biggest procurement this year.
- Some 250,000 doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine are arriving on June 27, vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr. said.
- Vice Ganda tells the madlang people how to love an LGBTQIA family member: drop the kahit and make it unconditional.
- How much do Filipino ARMYs love BTS? They're preserving their McDonald's BTS Meal packaging in the most creative ways.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Here are four simple ways to help you keep your social media experience positive.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian has filed a bill seeking to protect consumers against abusive debt collection practices and financial fraud.
- Brazil is now the second country in the world to hit 500,000 COVID-19 deaths.
- The founders of GIGIL, who brought “oddvertising” to the mainstream in country, became the first Filipinos to make it the Adweek 100 creatives list.
- Here's what limited face-to-face classes for medical courses looks like.
- It's a positive sign for the economy. The central bank expects the current account surplus to be in a deficit until 2022. This means exports are stronger than imports.
- Philippine Airlines posted P73 billion in losses in 2020, highlighting the struggles of the aviation industry.