Motorists are advised to take alternate routes as the MMDA implements a traffic rerouting plan for President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr.'s first State of the Nation Address on Monday, July 25.
A total of 1,133 traffic management personnel will be deployed along Commonwealth Avenue and other roads leading to and within the vicinity of the Batasang Pambansa in Quezon City where the SONA will be held, said MMDA Officer-in-Charge Baltazar Melgar in a statement.
Ambulance units, tow trucks, fire trucks, mobile patrol units, motorcycle units will also be positioned at designated routes and staging areas, he added.
For vehicles of government officials and guests, a zipper lane or counterflow on the southbound portion of Commonwealth Avenue will be established.
For those who will have to travel to areas connected by Commonwealth Avenue, take the following alternate routes, the MMDA said:
NORTHBOUND (Quezon Memorial Circle to Fairview)
• Vehicles from Elliptical Road should take North Avenue, turn right at Mindanao Avenue then turn right to Sauyo Road or take Quirino Highway, then Commonwealth Avenue to reach the point of destination.
SOUTHBOUND (Fairview to Quezon Memorial Circle)
• Vehicles from Commonwealth Avenue should take Sauyo Road or Quirino highway, turn left at Mindanao Avenue, then turn left at North Avenue to reach the point of destination.
Motorists using light vehicles may also opt to take:
NORTHBOUND (Quezon Memorial Circle to Fairview via Marikina)
• Light vehicles from Elliptical Road (QMC) should turn right at Maharlika St., turn left at Mayaman St., turn right at Maginhawa St., turn left at C.P. Garcia Avenue, turn right at Katipunan Ave., turn left at A. Bonifacio Ave., go straight to Gen. Luna Ave., turn right at Kambal Rd., turn left at GSIS Road, turn left at Jones St., turn right at Gen. Luna Ave., go straight to A. Mabini St., turn left at Rodriguez Highway, turn left at Payatas Road to reach the point of destination.
• Light vehicles from C5 Road may turn left at Magiting St., turn right at Maginhawa St., turn left at Mayaman St. to Kalayaan Avenue to reach the point of destination.
• All trucks coming from C-5 along Katipunan Avenue should take Luzon Flyover then turn left at Congressional Avenue to reach the point of destination.
At least 22,000 security personnel will be deployed by the Philippine National Police to ensure peace and order during Marcos' first SONA. A six-day gun ban will also be implemented in Metro Manila from July 22 to 27, the NCRPO said.