Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, June 18:
- We got a first look at the third installment of GIGIL’s commercials for RC Cola and it stars a certain “F**kboy Pustiso”
- President Rodrigo Dutere is limiting the face shield requirement to hospitals, Malacanang said.
- Albay province is extending its GCQ to June 30. Best to check travel guidelines of you’re headed to that area.
- Quezon City is offering night shift vaccinations for A4 workers who can’t find time for a jab during the day.
- Here’s how vaccines work against the Delta variant that was first detected in India.
- Vice President Leni Robredo is still on the fence about a possible presidential run in 2022. What’s at stake either way she decides?
- Is the sitting president’s endorsement magic or the kiss of death? We look back on the fate of anointed successors who won and failed.
- Sen. Manny Pacquiao will skip what his allies described as an unauthorized meeting of his PDP Laban Party.
- Those who refuse to support the PDP-Laban’s own in the 2022 elections can leave the party, said Sen. Aquilino Pimentel III, a Pacquiao ally.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Getting a BTS Meal from McDonald’s today? Here’s how you can buy one while staying safe from COVID.
- In MECQ areas, the LTO is extending the validity of driver’s licenses to September.
- Cebu Pacific will soonaccept GCash and GrabPay as part of its digital pivot. Also,New flight change rules take effect in July.
- Here’s how you can create an effective workplace for teams after COVID-19.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- This Lalamove Rider is viralfor funding his college education with the help of tips from customers.
- Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque cut short his live briefing yesterday blaming it on “dicey” internet. He hoped the third telco could provide a fix.
- Heads up from the Department of Energy: Red or Yellow power supply alerts could be raised in the coming weeks, indicating thin supply.
Spotify has launched Greenroom to rival audio chat app Clubhouse.