All business establishments in Cebu City are allowed to operate starting Thursday, its mayor said, making it the first business district in the country to come close to pre-pandemic life.
Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama issued an executive order Thursday allowing the operations of all business establishments in the city and the undertaking of all activities provided that minimum public health standards are observed.
Rama, in the executive order, said the decision was meant "to promote health, enhance economic recovery and exercise freedom with shared responsibility."
"All establishments, persons, and activities shall be permitted to operate, work, or be undertaken regardless of age and vaccination status of persons provided that minimum public health standards are observed," the order stated.
Minimum public health standards that must be observed are the following:
1. Wearing of face masks
2. Physical distancing
3. Frequent hand washing or use of alcohol, disinfectant, sanitizer
4. Proper coughing etiquette
5. Stay at home or go home if not feeling weak
Curfew in Cebu City will be limited to minors from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m., Rama said.
Cebu City is under Alert Level 2 until Feb. 28 which means that under government guidelines, businesses like casinos are supposed to be prohibited from operating.
Malacañang earlier this week said it was studying de-escalating the COVID-19 alert level in select areas to Alert Level 1 as the number of virus infections continue to drop.