President Rodrigo Duterte has decided to make the wearing of face shields mandatory again in both indoor and outdoor areas, Malacañang said Monday night.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque in a tweet said Duterte made the decision on the advice of health experts and in view of the Delta variant of the coronavirus.
"PRRD declared that the wearing of face shields, both indoor and outdoor, is still mandatory," Roque said in a tweet.
The new policy announcement comes just hours after Roque said Filipinos no longer needed to wear face shields in outdoor spaces.
The wearing of face shields on top of face masks in public places was first made mandatory in December last year as the country prepared for possible spikes in COVID-19 cases.