The heirs of late mall empire tycoon Henry Sy Sr. kept their spot at the top of Forbes richest in the Philippines in 2022 even as their net worth dropped.
According to Forbes, the Sy siblings posted the highest combined net worth of $12.6 billion or around P699.4 billion, lower by $4 billion from last year.
At a far second is real estate mogul and former politician Manny Villar with a net worth of $7.8 billion or P433.17 billion. Ports magnate Enrique Razon completes the top three with a net worth of $5.6 billion or P311 billion.
Here are the top 10 richest in the Philippines and their net worth according to Forbes:
- Sy siblings; US$12.6 billion
- Manuel Villar; $7.8 billion
- Enrique Razon Jr.; $5.6 billion
- Lance Gokongwei & siblings; $3.1 billion
- Aboitiz family; $2.9 billion
- Isidro Consunji & siblings; $2.65 billion
- Tony Tan Caktiong; $2.6 billion
- Jaime Zobel de Ayala; $2.55 billion
- Ramon Ang; $2.45 billion
- Andrew Tan; $2.4 billion
Forbes said the combined wealth of tycoons on its 2022 list of Philippines’ 50 richest fell to $72 billion from $79 billion last year.
MORE MONEY EXPLAINED: