GCash users will have to update their information on the app by Mar. 26 to keep using the mobile wallet's GCredit service, following a change in eligibility requirements.
To update information, users must have the latest version of GCash app installed on their phone. Click "Manage Credit" and a step-by-step guide will appear.
MORE ON GCASH:
The GCredit service is powered by CIMB Bank Philippines and is subject to rules and regulation from the Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas. The service is only avaialble to Filipinos aged 21 to 70 years old.
Here's what you need to update your account:
- Your GCash profile needs to be fully verified via the GCash app with complete information and 'selfie'
- User must be a Filipino national
- User must be within the age of 21-70 years old only
- User must have any of the acceptable IDs:
Continue reading below ↓
- Driver’s License
- Postal ID
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
- Social Security System (SSS) ID
- Unified Multipurpose ID (UMID)
- Voter’s ID
- Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)/ Pag-Ibig ID
- PhilHealth ID
- Government Office ID and Government-Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCC) ID
- You must meet the required GScore
- E-mail must be verified
Starting Apr. 26, those who failed to update their information will be unable to use the GCredit service.
Updating beyond Mar. 26 is still possible, but users are encouraged to update as soon as possible to avoid any interruptions in usage of service.