Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, May 13:
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- A landmark ruling from the Supreme Court. Psychological incapacity in the context of nullifying marriages is a legal, rather than a medical concept.
- People with hypertension can still get vaccinated for COVID-19. Here are some guidelines from the DOH.
- Why is the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas governor often the highest-paid government official in the COA’s annual ranking?
- These restaurateurs on GrabKitchen are seeing the cloud model as their ticket to survival during the pandemic and to thrive beyond it.
STAY SAFE FROM EARTHQUAKES
- A Magnitude 5.8 earthquake struck off Mindoro yesterday, jolting people as far north as Metro Manila.
- If you live in a condo, here’s what to do before, during and after an earthquake.
- Check out this Phivolcs app to see if your house is vulnerable to earthquakes.
- Here’s our complete guide to typhoon, volcano and earthquake alerts to help you stay safe.
Continue reading below ↓
STAY SAFE FROM THE HEAT
- In this Today I Learned video, we explain what heat index means. Here’s how you can prevent heat stroke
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Don’t call him stupid for believeing the jet ski promise, fisherman Carlo Montehermozo, who elicited that viral response from the President during a 2016 debate said he believed the chief executive could help him once elected.
- How to tell if President Rodrigo Duterte is joking or laying out policy? It’s as easy as using your common sense, said Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo.
- The National Task Force on the West Philippine Sea said Chinese boats continue to linger in the waters, close to 300 in fact were spotted as of the latest report on May 9.
- Without directly addressing reports that it would soon file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the U.S., Philippine Airlines said it was undergoing a “comprehensive restructuring.”
- Former senator Antonio Trillanes IV said he would run for president under the opposition coalition 1Sambayan if Vice President Leni Robredo would seek a local post instead of the Presidency.
- A fire razed an area of the Pasig City General Hospital that is used to store alcohol. There were no casualties.
- San Miguel boss Ramon Ang has budgeted P1 billion for the Pasig River cleanup project that is slated for this May.
- Billionaire Enrique Razon’s ICTSI denied the Nayong Pilipino management’s claim that the site for its proposed “mega” vaccination center is an urban forest.
- J.Lo and Ben Affleck have been spotted together 17 years after Bennifer went bust. Is there a good time to get back with your ex?
Continue reading below ↓