Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, July 13:
- Is Robin Padilla correct when he said that men just couldn’t resist the temptation to cheat on their partners.
- Hold the angry comments. The DTI said its proposed “standard” for cooking adobo is meant to make the dish more exportable. It’s not an attack on family recipes.
- We look at how an archipelagic nation like the Philippines results in many versions of a single dish to answer the question: Can adobo be standardized?
- Expert answer: We asked a clinical psychologist to respond to host Boy Abunda's question to Binibining Iloilo: When is it not okay to be not okay?
- Valenzuela is not Venezuela. There’s a history of confusion between the two even before Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray’s slip while hosting the 2021 Binibining Pilipinas pageant.
Continue reading below ↓
- San Juan Rep. Ronaldo Zamora said he got four COVID-19 vaccine doses, even as yet the DOH has yet to determine the need for a third or booster jab. The city also touted that it met its target to immunize 70% of its total population.
- President Rodrigo Duterte has received his second dose of Sinopharm's COVID jab.
- Filipinos’ confidence in COVID-19 vaccines increased three-fold from February to June, according to Pulse Asia.Makati City has resumed scheduling vaccines for A4 or economic frontliners
- Thailand is looking at booster or third shots after frontliners who had two doses of the Sinovac vaccine fell ill with COVID-19.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- It's back on the BPI app: 24/7 cash-ins of mobile wallet GCash
- Small pets are now allowed on the MRT subject to certain conditions.
- Trolls shouldn't be allowed to influence the 2022 elections, that's why half of the Senate is seeking an investigation into reports that they are being run with public funds.
- Sen. Koko Pimentel warned of a power grab in the party founded by his father as a PDP-Laban faction pushing for the vice presidential candidacy of President Rodrigo Duterte prepared to mount a national assembly at the end of the week.
Continue reading below ↓
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Five years of refusal to flaunt the Philippines’ victory against China before an international court is “five years of missed opportunities” to assert the country’s rights in the West Philippine Sea, said Vice President Leni Robredo.
- On the anniversary of its arbitration loss, China said it drove away a U.S. warship from the Paracel Islands in the South China Sea.
- Washington again warned Beijing: Any attack on the Philippines will trigger its Mutual Defense Treaty with the U.S.
- Brash billionaire Richard Branson has fulfilled his dream of going to space via his own Virgin Galactic, beating rival Jeff Bezos.