The province of Isabela was reverted to a stricter lockdown, Malacañang said Tuesday, with the exemption of Santiago City due to a reported increase in COVID-19 infections.
Most of the province, except Santiago City, will be placed under the stricter general community quarantine again until Dec. 31, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said, citing a request from the local government.
The province was previously under the most relaxed modified general community quarantine.
Other areas under GCQ until the end of the year are Metro Manila, Batangas, Iloilo City, Tacloban City, Lanao del Sur, Iligan City and Davao City.
The entire Philippines remains under varying forms of quarantine as the COVID-19 pandemic persists.