The Land Transportation Office on Tuesday said several branches will be closed for disinfection until Friday following to a rise in COVID-19 cases among its staff.
"Ito ay upang makasailalim sa wastong quarantine protocols ang mga nagpositibong LTO Frontliners at kanilang mga naging close-contact," the LTO said in an advisory.
These LTO offices will be closed until Jan. 14:
- LTO Central Office
- LTO NCR-East
- Regional Office
- Diliman District Office
- Quezon City Licensing Office
- Quezon City Licensing Renewal Office
- North Motor Vehicle Inspection Center
- Public Utility Vehicle Registration Center
Other branches in LTO NCR-East and LTO NCR-West have reopened after disinfection and contact-tracing, the LTO said. Wearing of face masks, social distancing, and frequent disinfection are still in place to prevent a surge in COVID-19 infections.
Due to a number of branches being closed, expired documents will be granted a validity of extension, which covers "Student Permit, Driver's License, Conductor's License, at maging mga Medical Certificate na mag-eexpire sa mga susunod na buwan," the LTO said.
LTO license and permit extensions are as follows:
- January 2022 - Extended until March 31, 2022
- February 2022 - Extended until April 30, 2022
- March 2022 - Extended until May 31, 2022