Luzon could experience brownouts on Monday, the power grid operator said, as it raised the red alert, the highest warning that indicates short electricity supply.
The Luzon grid is under under red alert from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and under yellow alert, one notch lower, from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., said the National Grid Corp.
Red alert means there is insufficient power and rotating brownouts are possible, while yellow alert means low power supply.
Power interruptions could happen in areas covered by the grid from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., according to NGCP:
- Meralco (parts of Metro Manila)
- INEC (parts of Ilocos Norte)
- LUELCO (parts of La Union)
- ZAMECO I and ZAMECO II (parts of Zambales)
- QUEZELCO I (parts of Quezon)
- CANORECO (parts of Camarines Norte)
- APEC (parts of Albay)