A magnitude 5.5 earthquake struck Davao del Sur on Monday afternoon, Phivolcs said, warning residents that damage and aftershocks will follow.
The tremor struck 12 kilometers southwest of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur at 4:23 p.m., Phivolcs said. There were no immediate reports of damage.
MORE NEWS YOU CAN USE:
Intensity V, which can cause hanging objects to swing violently, was recorded in Kidapawan City, Davao City, Tupi and Polomolok, South Cotabato, and Malungon, Sarangani.
Phivolcs also reported the following intensities:
- Intensity IV - Sta. Cruz, Bansalan, Digos City, and Matanao, Davao del Sur; Koronadal City; Tampakan, Norala, and Banga, South Cotabato; Alabel, Sarangani;
Lutayan, Columbio, Pres. Quirino, Senator Ninoy Aquino, Sultan Kudarat;
Tulunan and M'lang, Cotabato
- Intensity III - Cotabato City; Tantangan, Surallah, Kiamba, and Glan, Sarangani
Palimbang, Isulan, Tacurong, and Esperanza, Sultan Kudarat; Magpet, Arakan, Pigcawayan and Pres. Roxas, Cotabato
- Intensity II -Maasim, Sarangani
It also recorded the following instrumental intensities:
- Intensity V - Kidapawan City, Cotabato; Tupi, South Cotabato
- Intensity IV - Davao City, Davao Del Sur; Alabel, Sarangani; Koronadal City, General Santos City, South Cotabato; Columbio, Sultan Kudarat
- Intensity III - Kiamba, Glan, Sarangani; Surallah, T'Boli, Santo Nino, South Cotabato
- Intensity II - Nabunturan, Davao de Oro; Maasim, Sarangani
- Intensity I - Gingoog City, Misamis Oriental