Top cryptocurrency Bitcoin is the most popular virtual token among Filipinos, a study showed as interest in digital coins rise worldwide.
Bitcoin is the most preferred crypto token among Filipinos who owned cryptocurrency at 40% followed by Ether at 23%, and meme coin Dogecoin at 18%, Finder.com’s latest Cryptocurrency Adoption Index showed.
Some 9.4 million Filipinos currently own cryptocurrency with men making up the majority at 61% while the remaining 39% are women, the study showed.
Gen Zs and millennials or those aged 18-34 are also leading cryptocurrency ownership, making up 45% of digital token holders in the country.
Older Generation X members or those aged 55 and above were found to least likely own cryptocurrency.
Overall, the 16% average crypto ownership in the Philippines is found to be a bit higher than the global average of 15%, the study found.
MORE ON CRYPTOCURRENCY: