(UPDATE) Severe tropical storm Jolina (Conson) weakened further as it continues to bring rains to Luzon and Visayas as it makes its way to Marinduque-Southern Quezon, PAGASA said.
As of 4 p.m., the 10th storm of 2021 was located west northwest of Masbate City, packing winds of up to 100 kilometers per hour and 125 kph gusts, weather forecasters said.
It is seen to make its seventh landfall over Marinduque or Southern Quezon on Wednesday morning before making another landfall over southwestern Quezon by Wednesday afternoon. PAGASA said Jolina would traverse CALABARZON and Central Luzon between Wednesday and Thursday morning before exiting the landmass.
Jolina also made landfall over these areas: Hernani, Eastern Samar at 10 p.m. Monday; on Tuesday in Daram, Samar at 2 a.m.; in Sto Niño, Samar at 3:40 a.m.; in Almagro, Samar at 6:30 a.m.; in Tagapul-an, Samar at 7:50 a.m.; and in Dimasalang, Masbate according to its 10 a.m. report.
Signal no. 2, with winds of 61-120 kph, was raised over:
- Central and southern portions of Quezon (Tagkawayan, Guinayangan, Lopez, Buenavista, San Narciso, San Andres, San Francisco, Mulanay, Catanauan, General Luna, Macalelon, Calauag, Gumaca, Pitogo, Unisan, Atimonan, Plaridel, Agdangan, Padre Burgos, Quezon, Alabat, Perez, Mauban, City of Tayabas, Sampaloc, Lucban, Pagbilao, Lucena City, Sariaya, Candelaria, Dolores, Tiaong, San Antonio, Real), the southern portion of Rizal (Binangonan, Cardona, Jala-Jala, Pililla)
- Southeastern portion of Batangas (Calaca, Laurel, Lemery, Talisay, San Nicolas, Balete, City of Tanauan, Santo Tomas, Malvar, Lipa City, Mataasnakahoy, Cuenca, Agoncillo, Taal, Santa Teresita, Alitagtag, San Jose, Batangas City, Ibaan, Taysan, Lobo, Rosario, San Juan, Padre Garcia, San Pascual, Bauan, Mabini, San Luis, Tingloy)
- Northeastern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Puerto Galera, San Teodoro, Baco, City of Calapan, Naujan, Victoria, Pola, Socorro, Pinamalayan, Gloria)
- Western portion of Albay (Polangui, Oas, City of Ligao, Guinobatan, Camalig, Daraga, Legazpi City, Manito, Jovellar, Pio Duran, Libon)
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands
- Western and southern portion of Camarines Sur (Bato, Nabua, Balatan, Iriga City, Baao, Bula, Ocampo, Pili, Naga City, Canaman, Pamplona, Milaor, Gainza, Camaligan, San Fernando, Minalabac, Pasacao, Libmanan, Magarao, Cabusao, Bombon, Sipocot, Lupi, Ragay, Del Gallego)
- Western portion of Camarines Norte (Paracale, Jose Panganiban, Capalonga, Santa Elena, Labo, San Vicente, San Lorenzo Ruiz)
This could inflict light to moderate damage to high-risk structures, while old, dilapidated structures or makeshift shanties may be damaged or unroofed.
Signal no. 1, with winds of 30-60 kph, was raised over:
- Southern portion of Aurora (Dipaculao, Maria Aurora, Baler, San Luis, Dingalan)
- Southern portion of Quirino (Nagtipunan)
- Southern portion of Nueva Vizcaya (Alfonso Castaneda, Dupax del Sur, Dupax del Norte, Aritao, Santa Fe)
- Nueva Ecija
- Metro Manila
- Rest of Rizal
- Rest of Quezon
- Rest of Batangas
- Rest of Oriental Mindoro
- Occidental Mindoro including Lubang Island
- Rest of Camarines Norte
- Rest of Camarines Sur
- Rest of Albay
- Western portion of Northern Samar (Pambujan, San Roque, Silvino Lobos, Mondragon, Lope de Vega, Catarman, Bobon, Victoria, San Jose, Rosario, Lavezares, Allen, Biri, San Isidro, Capul, San Antonio)
- Northwestern portion of Samar (Calbayog City, Santa Margarita, Santo Niño, Almagro, Tagapul-An)
- Northwestern portion of Leyte (San Isidro, Calubian, Leyte, Tabango, Villaba)
- Northern portion of Cebu (Daanbantayan, Medellin, City of Bogo, San Remigio, Santa Fe, Bantayan Islands, Tabogon)
- Northern portion of Negros Occidental (City of Escalante, Sagay City, Cadiz City, Manapla, City of Victorias, Enrique B. Magalona)
- Northern portion of Iloilo (Carles, Balasan, Batad, San Dionisio, Sara, Concepcion, Ajuy, Lemery, Barotac Viejo, San Rafael, City of Passi, Bingawan, San Enrique, Banate, Estancia)
- Northwestern portion of Antique (Caluya)
This means possible light to medium damage to low risk structures, and slight damage to houses made of very light materials in exposed communities.
PAGASA warned those living in coastal areas of Eastern Samar, Samar, and Masbate to be on alert due to the threat of storm surge of up to one meter.
It also warned mariners against sea travel for all types of seacrafts especially in areas under signal no. 2.