Actor Robin Padilla topped the list of senatorial candidates who won in the May 9 elections, based on the official count of the Commission on Elections, sitting as the National Board of Canvassers, released Tuesday.
Padilla garnered a total of 26.6 million votes based on 172 out of 173 certificates of canvass or COC received by the Comelec, and was followed by Antique Rep. Loren Legarda with 24.3 million votes and broadcaster Robin Padilla, who consistently topped pre-election surveys, with 23.4 million votes.
The Comelec approved the recommendation to proclaim the 12 winning senators even without the COC from Lanao Del Sur where some areas will still hold special elections. The remaining votes from these areas will no longer affect the rankings, according to the poll body's supervisory group.
Here are the votes garnered by the 12 winning senators:
- Robin Padilla - 26,612,434 votes
- Loren Legarda - 24,264,969 votes
- Raffy Tulfo - 23,396,954 votes
- Sherwin Gatchalian - 20,602,655 votes
- Francis Escudero - 20,271,458 votes
- Mark Villar - 19,475,592 votes
- Alan Peter Cayetano - 19,295,314 votes
- Juan Miguel Zubiri - 18,734,336 votes
- Joel Villanueva - 18,486,034 votes
- JV Ejercito - 15,841,858 votes
- Risa Hontiveros - 15,420,807 votes
- Jose "Jinggoy" Estrada - 15,108,625 votes
The proclamation ceremony for the 12 winning senators will be held on Wednesday afternoon.
For the position of president and vice president, the official canvassing and proclamation will be done by Congress, which will resume session later this month.