(UPDATE) Storm 'Crising' has weakened into a tropical depression as it approaches Pantaron Mountain Range in Mindanao, still bringing moderate to heavy rains that could cause isolated flash flooding and landslides, according to PAGASA.
From tropical storm category, the third storm of 2021 weakened into a tropical depression at 8 p.m. Thursday shortly before making landfall in Baganga, Davao Oriental. It was last monitored in the vicinity of Kapalong, Davao del Norte at 4 a.m. Friday, with maximum sustained winds of 45 kilometers per hour and gusts of up to 75 kph.
What is Crising's track?
By Saturday morning, it is expected to be at 180 km west of Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental. On Sunday morning, at 255 km west of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan.
Crising could weaken into a low pressure area on Friday as it makes its way to Palawan.
MORE ON TYPHOONS
Which areas are under typhoon signals?
Signal no. 1 (30-60 kph winds) was raised over these areas:
- Southeastern portion of Negros Oriental (Dumaguete City, Valencia, Sibulan, Santa Catalina, Siaton, Zamboanguita, Dauin, Bacong)
- The southern portion of Surigao del Sur (Barobo, Tagbina, Hinatuan, City of Bislig, Lingig)
- Central and southern portions of Agusan del Sur (Esperanza, San Francisco, Talacogon, San Luis, Rosario, Bunawan, Trento, La Paz, Loreto, Veruela, Santa Josefa)
- Northern and central portions of Davao Oriental (Banaybanay, Lupon, Manay, Caraga, Baganga, Cateel, Boston)
- Davao de Oro
- Davao del Norte
- Davao City
- Northern portion of Cotabato (Magpet, Arakan, Antipas, President Roxas, Matalam, City of Kidapawan, Kabacan, Carmen, Banisilan, Alamada)
- The northern portion of Maguindanao (Buldon, Barira, Matanog)
- Lanao del Norte
- Lanao del Sur
- Misamis Occidental
- Central and western portions of Misamis Oriental (Claveria, Balingasag, Lagonglong, Jasaan, Villanueva, Tagoloan, Cagayan de Oro City, Opol, City of El Salvador, Alubijid, Laguindingan, Gitagum, Libertad, Initao, Naawan, Manticao, Lugait)
- Northeastern portion of Zamboanga del Sur (Midsalip, Sominot, Dumingag, Molave, Mahayag, Josefina, Tambulig, Ramon Magsaysay, Aurora, Tukuran, Labangan)
- Northeastern portion of Zamboanga del Norte (Sergio Osmeña Sr., Katipunan, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, Jose Dalman, Manukan, Dipolog City, Polanco, Piñan, Mutia, Dapitan City, Sibutad, Rizal, La Libertad)
What are the hazards?
Intermittent rains will be experienced in areas under typhoon signal no. 1 within the next 36 hours. The winds could cause light to no damage to low-risk structures or light to medium damage to high-risk structures. Houses made of light materials or makeshift structures in exposed communities may suffer slight damage, while trees may tilt with leaves generally damaged.
According to PAGASA, Crising will bring light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Davao Oriental, Davao de Oro, Davao del Norte, Davao City, Cotabato, Maguindanao, Bukidnon, Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Misamis Occidental, Zamboanga del Sur, and the northern portion of Zamboanga del Norte.
Isolated to scattered flooding, including flash floods, and rain-induced landslides are possible during heavy or prolonged rainfall in hazardous areas, PAGASA said.
Moderate to rough seas will be experienced over the eastern seaboard of Mindanao. PAGASA cautioned mariners to avoid navigating in these conditions.