(UPDATE) Tropical Depression Lannie made two more landfalls Monday noon, or six landfalls in a span of eight hours, stirring rains as it heads towards Cebu, PAGASA said.
The 12th storm of the year was spotted off the coast of Jetafe, Bohol at 1 p.m., packing maximum sustained winds of 45 kilometers per hour with 55 kph gusts.
It made landfall six times in eight hours: in Bucas Grande Island at 4:30 a.m.; Cagdianao, Dinagat Islands at 5 a.m.; Liloan, Southern Leyte at 7:30 a.m.; Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte at 8 a.m.; Mahanay Island, Bohol at 12:30 p.m.; Banacon Island, Bohol at 12:45 p.m.
It is also expected to make landfall in Palawan or Calamian Islands by Tuesday morning.
Lannie is forecast to bring light to moderate rains with at times heavy rains over CALABARZON, parts of Bicol Region and Mindanao. It will likely maintain tropical depression strength as it crosses the Visayas region before emerging over the Sulu Sea early Tuesday.
It could exit the Philippine area of responsibility on Thursday morning, said PAGASA.
Signal no. 1, or winds of 30-60 kph:
- Southern portion of Masbate (Pio V. Corpuz, Cataingan, Palanas, Dimasalang, Uson, Mobo, Milagros, Mandaon, Esperanza, Placer, Cawayan, Balud)
- Southern portion of Romblon (Cajidiocan, San Fernando, Magdiwang, Santa Maria, Odiongan, Alcantara, Ferrol, Looc, Santa Fe, San Jose)
- Southern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Roxas, Mansalay, Bulalacao, Bongabong)
- Southern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Sablayan, Calintaan, Rizal, San Jose, Magsaysay)
- Northern portion of Palawan (El Nido, Taytay, Dumaran, Araceli) including Calamian and Cuyo Islands
- Eastern Samar
- Southern Leyte
- Negros Occidental
- Northern and central portions of Negros Oriental (Bais City, Mabinay, City of Bayawan, Basay, City of Tanjay, Manjuyod, Bindoy, Ayungon, Tayasan, Jimalalud, La Libertad, City of Guihulngan, Vallehermoso, Canlaon City)
- Northwestern portion of Surigao del Norte (Sison, San Francisco, Surigao City, Tagana-An, Placer, Malimono, Mainit, Tubod)
- Dinagat Islands
Under signal no. 1, high-risk structures including makeshift structures in exposed communities may be damaged.