(UPDATE) Storm signals in some areas in Northern Luzon were downgraded on Sunday as Typhoon Kiko (Chanthu), the country's strongest storm so far this year, moved out of the Philippine Area of Responsibility, PAGASA said.
At 4 p.m., Kiko was spotted 525 kilometers north of Itbayat, Batanes, outside PAR. It packed maximum sustained winds of 165 kph and 205 kph.
As of 5 p.m., PAGASA has lifted all tropical cyclone warning signals in the country.
Still, Kiko will continue to enhance the Southwest Monsoon, causing rains over Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, and the western section of Central Luzon in the next 24 hours.
While no casualty was reported yet due to Typhoon Kiko, it displaced some 3,657 individuals, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management said in a bulletin. Damage to houses and agriculture has also yet to be determined as of Sunday.