Commuters will have more means of getting around this general community quarantine, after regulators gave 1,943 public utility jeepneys the go-ahead to ply 17 new routes in Metro Manila.
Before the go signal from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, those who are allowed to work ourside their homes had to choose between trains and buses, both working at limited capacities.
The jeeps can operate at 50% capacity and comply with safety protocols such as wearing masks and gloves. They are also required to display a QR code in their units to make sure that they are allowed to get back on the road. The codes can be downloaded from the LFRB website.
Starting July 29, jeepneys can ply the 17 routes with no special permits required:
- T106 MCU - Sangandaan
- T109 Novaliches - Rizal Ave. via A. Bonifacio
- T111 Tandang Sora - Visayas Ave. via Quezon City Hall
- T112 Monumento - Paco, Obando via M.H. Del Pilar
- T114 Quirino Highway - Sta. Lucia
- T203 Crame - Cubao via Murphy
- T204 Crame - Q. Mart via P Tuazon, E. Garcia
- T214 SSS Village, Marikina - Cubao, Quezon City
- T215 Parang, Marikina - Marikina (TP) via Fortune
- T216 Guadalupe (ABC) - Taguig via Tipas
- T217 Calumpang - Cubao via P. Tuazon
- T304 Ayala - Guadalupe (Ibabaw) via JP Rizal
- T337 Libertad, Pasay - Pasay Rd.
- T341 Paco - Sta.Mesa Rtda via Nagtahan
- T342 Pier South - Sta. Ana via P. Faura
- T345 Navotas - Recto via Heroes Del 96
- T346 Gate 5 - Greenhills Shopping Center Loop