Nearly 2,500 UV Express units have been permitted to resume operations in Metro Manila starting this week, regulators said Monday.
The UV Express units with valid and existing Certificates of Public Convenience or Applications for Extension of Validity were allowed to resume operations. Registration for Personal Passenger Insurance Policy is mandatory for all approved vehicles, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board said.
Though allowed to ferry passengers in 20 newly opened routes without the need for special permits, UV EXpress units must download a QR code from the LTFRB website to be printed and plastered inside the vehicle.
Fares will remain the same for all routes and trips, the LTFRB said.
Here are the newly opened routes for UV Express units in Metro Manila:
- N38 Karuhatan - North Road Rail Station Terminal (NRRS) (Trinoma)
- N39 Karuhatan-SM North EDSA/Trinoma
- N40 Robinson's, Novaliches - Vito Cruz
- N41 Robinson's Place, Novaliches - Buendia
- N42 Rosario (Pasig) - McKinley Hills (Taguig)
- N43 San Bartolome - MRT (North Ave.)
- N44 San Roque (Marikina)- Commonwealth Market
- N45 SM Fairview - Buendia
- N46 SM Fairview - T.M. Kalaw via Commonwealth
- N47 SM North C.I.T. - T.M. Kalaw
- N48 SM South Mall - Quiapo
- N49 Southmall - Lawton
- N50 Sto. Niño (Marikina) - Ayala
- N51 Sto. Niño (Marikina) - Ortigas Center
- N52 Sucat (Parañaque) - Lawton (Park 'N Ride)
- N53 Tandang Sora (Visayas Ave.) - T.M. Kalaw
- N54 Trinoma Mall - Robinsn's Mall, Novaliches via Commonwealth
- C62 Rodriguez (Montalban) - Araneta (Cubao)
- C63 Rodriguez - Cubao
- C64 Montalban Central Terminal - Cubao Central Terminal
Passengers are advised to follow the 7 Commandments for Commuters to keep safe during their ride. Individuals must wear face mask plus shield, are barred from talking to fellow passengers or on the phone, as well as eating on the ride. Drivers and operators must ensure that vehicles have proper ventilation, undergo frequent disinfections, uphold physical distancing measures, and decline entry for passengers showing symptoms of COVID-19.
Failure to adhere to the provisions will result in fines or revocation of certificates and permits.