Follow us for updates
© 2020 reportr.world
Read the Story →

ABS-CBN, GMA News Websites Back Online After Outage

Users are left unable to access the sites on desktop.
Sep 3, 2020
Photo/s: ABS-CBN and GMA News logo
Shares
Shares

(3rd UPDATE) The online portals of ABS-CBN News and GMA News were back online late Thursday, after both were inaccessible to users at the same time earlier in the day.

ABS-CBN, which recently shut its free TV broadcast, said it was investigating the incident while GMA has yet to issue a statement.

Lopez-owned ABS-CBN said its websites "may currently be inaccessible to some users today (Sep. 3) due to a technical problem detected early this morning." It said the issue was being resolved though users could still encounter problems in the next 24 hours. 

Continue reading below ↓
"We are working with our partners in investigating the cause of the incident. We apologize for whatever inconvenience this may have caused," ABS-CBN said.
The outage did not appear to be a hack, based on the error messages that users received when accessing the two portals, said Charles Leochico, Summit Media's IT Head. The error messages were similar because the two news organizations have the same domain name provider, he said.
Screenshot from ABS-CBN NEWS website
Screenshot from GMA News website
Screenshot from GMA NEWS website
Continue reading below ↓

Screenshot from ABS-CBN News website

READ MORE STORIES ABOUT