Follow us for updates
© 2022
Read the Story →

Nearly 600,000 More AstraZeneca Vaccines Arrive in the Philippines

Boosting supply.
by Arianne Merez
Aug 20, 2021
Photo/s: Handout

The Philippines on Friday received nearly 600,000 more doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine as it rushes inoculations to slow the spread of the highly contagious coronavirus Delta variant.

The 582,500 jabs are part of the procured jabs by the private sector and local government units. Some 80% of the jabs are allocated for the LGUs while the remaining 20% are for small businesses.

The latest vaccine shipment brings the total number of vaccines delivered to the Philippines to over 46 million.

So far, the country has fully vaccinated around 12.8 million Filipinos against a target of at least 50 million by November this year.


Continue reading below ↓
Continue reading below ↓
Recommended Videos

Reportr is now on Quento. Download the app or visit the Quento website for more articles and videos from Reportr and your favorite websites.

Latest Headlines
Read Next
Recent News
With the reopening of several local destinations, this app has never been more timely.
The focus should be on the poor, incoming senator said.
GCash isn't just about paying bills and transferring funds.
You'll need a bigger wallet, incoming BSP gov says.
The news. So what? Subscribe to the newsletter that explains what the news means for you.
The email address you entered is invalid.
Thank you for signing up to On Three, reportr's weekly newsletter delivered to your mailbox three times a week. Only the latest, most useful and most insightful reads.
By signing up to newsletter, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.