Missed going to the movies? Cinemas in Metro Manila can reopen again at limited capacities once the capital region shifts to Alert Level 3 on Saturday, Oct. 16.
The inter-agency task force on COVID-19 response downgraded the alert level in Metro Manila to Alert Level 3 from Alert Level 4 effective from Oct. 16 until Oct. 31.
NEWS YOU CAN USE:
Based on the latest guidelines, cinemas are among business establishments that can operate at a maximum of 30% indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals and 50% outdoor venue capacity.
Here are the other industries allowed to operate at said capacities:
1. Venues for meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions
2. Permitted venues for social events such as parties, wedding receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, debut and birthday parties, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers
3. Visitor or tourist attractions such as libraries, archives, museums, galleries, exhibits, parks, plazas, public gardens, scenic viewpoints or overlooks, and the like
4. Amusement parks or theme parks
5. Recreational venues such as internet cafes, billiard halls, amusement arcades, bowling alleys, skating rinks, archery halls, swimming pools, and similar venues
6. Cinemas and movie houses
7. Limited face-to-face or in-person classes for higher education and for technical-vocational education and training
The following however are still prohibited:
1. Face to face or in-person classes for basic education, except those previously approved by the IATF and/or the Office of the President
2. Contact sports, except those conducted under a bubble-type setup as provided for under relevant guidelines adopted by the IATF, Games and Amusement Board, and Philippine Sports Commission, and approved by the LGU where such games shall be held
3. Funfairs/peryas and kid amusement industries such as playgrounds, playroom, and kiddie rides
4. Venues with live voice or wind-instrument performers and audiences such as in karaoke bars, clubs, concert halls, and theaters
5. Casinos, horse racing, cockfighting and operation of cockpits, lottery and betting shops, and other gaming establishments except as may be authorized by the IATF or the Office of the President
6. Gatherings in residences with individuals not belonging to the same household.